Thursday, December 07, 2006

Mortal Conflict

Written 7-13-06

Why do I do the things I do
Thinking I’m always done and through
Realizing changes that need to be made
Watching them fall, crumble and fade
Regretting the thought to understand
Knowing Ill fall with nowhere to land
With steps not taken and words left behind
Loathing this war between my heart & my mind


Written 12-7-06

Once in deep darkness without any light
Hopeless and weak, feeling anger and spite
Standing here now, so much more I can see
Holding onto Him; its no longer just me
His promise gives comfort; yes I may fall
I can't be perfect, I'll never please all
But I'll never stop growing, or be without truth
As long as Hes with me in all that I do

4 Comments:

Blogger jAkE said...

very nice...kudos to you.

jAkE

December 14, 2006 10:10 PM  
Blogger CP said...

YaY, Jakes back....Yipppeeeee :)

December 16, 2006 5:58 PM  
Blogger Sage said...

wow

December 17, 2006 12:16 AM  
Blogger Julie Alexander said...

Very, very good, Christina....especially the first one...it really spoke to me. I have been a Christian for 14 years and I am still frustrated at my ability to "leave things at the altar" and "pick them back up". Don't get discouraged or think you are alone in your struggle to walk uprightly! It is a life-long battle as long as we walk the earth in this Adam-filled flesh!

January 03, 2007 11:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home